Search This Blog

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Web Logging from Disney's Downtown Celebration




Nancy just called to admonish me for wasting my time on the internet. I am in downtown Celebration sitting on a park bench on Market Street checking my e-mail - ichatting with Hugh Vrablic, one of my students - setting up a web page - and reading the newspaper from Tamaqua and Tallahassee. I am also keeping one eye on the hurricane reports. Our friend Doris Meneses form Miami is going to be here Friday night and we all plan to meet at the Palma Maria. If you don't know what that is - it is a restaurant that was on Broad Street in Tamaqua and then in 1980 it moved to Winter Park, Florida. It has become the toast of Orlando and although Pete the father has died - Pete the son and the three daughter still do a gangbusters business.
Nancy is busy making a presentation at the FAME convention. We are stayin the Disney All-Star Hotel - the convention is at the Coranado Srpinds Hotel next door. We bought one year passes to the Disney parks and Nancy says I am wasted my time on the net.
Nancy is done at 5 PM today and we plan to go into the parks for the evening. We were in the Magic Kingdom last night - and it was not crowded. At 9 PM they close the rides to "outsiders" but keep them open to park hotel guests until midnight. Now if I can just figure a way to stay up that late. Disney has one year passes for Flroida residents for $205 - we bought two. Now glutten Harry will be down here every weekend to get his money's worth. It is a 4 hour drive from Tallahassee.
Click on the pictures to enlarge them.
  • More pictures from Celebration
  • No comments: