Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Disney Hotel and Electric Cars



Plug your Nissan Leaf or Chevy Volt Here

Today Lulu and I drove our Prius from Tallahassee to Orlando. We are staying at the Hilton Hotel Bonnet Creek in Disneyworld.

Lulu has a convention here of FAME - Florida Association of Media Educators.

We had a nice ride down - taking I-10 to I-75. We took a little side detour toward Tampa. At the intersection of I-75 and Route 50 - we had lunch with Carl and Marylou Zimmerman. Then we took Route 50 - Route 27 - and Route 192.

The Zimmerman's are our friends from Tamaqua that have a winter home at Wesley Chapel. Carl is my cousin and Marylou is one of Lulu's best friends. They just drove down from Tamaqua yesterday. They were greeted to Florida with a 12-day baby sitting job. Their daughter lives nearby - and her 3 kids will be with the grandparents while Christa and her husband are going on a cruise to Barbados.

With all the stops it took us 6 hours to get to Disneyworld from home.

While parking our car in the hotel parking garage - I noticed electric car outlets. If you drive a plug-in car - full electric or plug in hybrid - free fuel.



No comments: