Search This Blog

Saturday, February 22, 2020

I Sold My Old Apple MacBook Computer


Apple MacBook

The Catalina Operating System

I love Apple Computers. I am prejudiced - I have had at least one since 1981. I started out with desktop models but in the last 20 years - it has been mostly laptops. I also own iPhones - lately I use the iPhone more than the laptop.

For the last four years - I have owned this MacBook. I have taken good care of it and it has served me well. While in China - you re-call that a few of the keys on her keyboard stuck. When we got home - I bought a new one - and was not sure what to do with the old one. Son Drew told me there was a re-call on my MacBook. I called Apple - they sent me a mailer and I shipped the computer. They returned it a few days later. They replaced the keyboard - battery - motherboard - and the top and bottom case. It was a new computer!

I advertised it for sale on Facebook and Craigslist for $699 - and sold it for $600 today. A really nice guy came and picked it up today.

I like buying new stuff - but I like even better selling the old stuff. My new computer was $972 with tax. I sold the old one for $600. It is kinda like I got a new computer for $372.

Usually I replace my laptop after a year or two. This was the first time I kept one for 4 years. Since I use my iPhone more and more as a computer - my laptop seems to last longer. My old laptop has been to China - Vietnam - Japan - Mexico - England - Scotland - Germany - France - Dubais - Greece - Egypt - Morocco - Spain - Italy - Sicily - Crete - Netherlands - Luxembourg - Belgium - Lichtenstein - Switzerland - Canada - Bahamas - Alaska - Hawaii - and Tamaqua. I wonder where the new one will go.

No comments: