Search This Blog

Sunday, January 14, 2018

Wireless Ear Buds For The Rest Of Us - $15



I love to listen to music - radio - news - talk - on my computer and iPhone. Apple makes a fantastic set of earphones called ear buds. They are wireless and a great way to hear music privately. The big problem with them for me is the price - about $170! I do not mind paying that much - but when I travel - I am always afraid of losing things. Therefore if something is too expensive I leave it at home. One year Lulu bought me a pair of Bose Noise Cancelling headphones for $200 - first trip I lost them. Luckily the credit card insurance bought me another pair - but I have not taken them out of the house since. 

Next Lulu bought me a Bose bluetooth power speaker for $150. It was really nice. So nice - the TSA took them out of my checked bag - I arrived in London with no speaker. 

Lulu gave me these great ear buds for Christmas - among other things. They work great - but the best part is they are available on Amazon for $15! They really work well - and I am not afraid to lose them. 

Simply - you turn "bluetooth" on in your iPhone. Then you press and hold the button on the side of the ear bud. The little red light turns to blue showing you are "paired" - it is that simple. 

The best feature to me - is that when we are walking - and we want to listen to something together - 
Lulu can wear one and I can wear the other. We both hear the same stuff - no wires - no clips - they hold tight in your ear.  No tethering on a wire between us.

Sometimes at night - when we are in bed - with one person sleeping - the other person can put an earbud in and listen to CNN - ESPN - using Sirius radio - and never wake up the other person. No wires to pull out or tangle up. Same way in the camper - just pure sound - no light distraction. 

They are simple to charge - just plug them in 1 hour for a full 3 hour charge. If you use only one - they last 6 hours. You can also answer phone calls with them. 


For $15 - you get the charging system and the ear buds. 

The box brags about HD Music - sports friendly - extra bass - hands free calls - and light weight. I brag about they only cost $15 - so you do not worry about losing them. They are i7TWS Twins True Wireless Earbuds. 

I have only had them 3 weeks - but they have been good. No troubles. They could blow up tomorrow or jump out of my ears. But for now they are cool. When I am walking down the street "cool kids" do a double take seeing and old man with what they think are high end Apple ear buds.

I am a hard person to buy a gift for. If it cost too much - I do not like people wasting money on me - I guess I am just too cheap. 

No comments: