Search This Blog

Monday, February 06, 2012

French Apple Tart - Did you ever have a Happy Birthday Pie?

Jean-Charles LeBeau - Harry - Jean Rettig. JC is from France - Jean is from Pennsylvania. Sometimes I feel like Mr Roper in Three's Company.

I had wonderful birthday. It started out in bed - when Lulu gave me a pair of Bose headphones to use with my iPhone. Not only can you listen to music - but you can make phone calls because the headphones have a microphone in them.

Then - for lunch - my friend George took me to Sonny's Barbecue. All of my family called and wished me well.

For supper Lulu made my favorite dinner - steak - mashed potatoes - corn. It was followed by a lava cake. There goes the diet - I easily went over 1900 calories today - even before dessert was served.

But the biggest surprise came from Jean-Charles and Jean. They are FSU doctoral students and they stay in our brick house. Both of them are working on their PhD's in sports administration and sports psychology. We met JC on the day he got off the plane from France. For years he had planned to come to the USA and study at FSU.

Everything they say about French cooking is true. This is the second time JC baked for us.

The picture above shows a beautiful French Apple Tart made from scratch. The pie was beautiful and we all sat down - ate - and gabbed for an hour - to heck with the diet.

No comments: