Search This Blog

Thursday, January 14, 2010

On the Train to Providence and Jack

The South Station in Boston is close to our. Hotel. Both of them are
on Summer Street - not a good name because it is 15 degrees and winter
here - real winter.

After a nice breakfast in the station I boarded my waiting Amtrak
train. The conductor said take any seat - the train car I took was
maybe 35% full.

The train is clean - nice wide reclining seats - and a power outlet
for each seat. There is no excuse for a drained phone or computer
battery.

No body patted me down. No security tunnels - no one even asked for an
ID nor took my hot chocolate.

Travel time is 40 minutes. It is suppoed to leave in 3 minutes at 8:15.

The station reminds me of all out jaunts in London and the rest Europe.

I did not check to see if we have wifi.

I brought along Lulu's Kindle - willrun it through it's paces.

There - we pulled out exactly as the iPhone flipped over to 8:15. All
aboard "Casey Junior."

iPhone has an App for this.

No comments: