Search This Blog

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Harry Buys Another Craigslist Truck










Lulu thinks it is some kind of disease - buying and selling things on craigslist.org. You may re-call I bought a truck about 3 years ago - drove it 2 years and then sold it for more than I paid for it. I ended up missing that truck and have been watching for another one. To get Lulu's approval - I found one in garnet and gold colors - her favorites.

It is a 1997 Toyota Tacoma. It has a 2.4 liter 4 cylinder engine with automatic transmission. Even though it has 134,000 miles on it - it is in remarkably nice shape. After 2 days of scrubbing - the truck was ready for pictures today.

Other nice features are - air conditioning - new tires - bench seat - AM/FM radio - cassette player - sliding rear window - and factory bed liner. Everything else is pretty plain - wind up windows - cloth seat - power steering - power brakes - overdrive transmission - air bag - tow package - and front disk brakes. The seat folds forward to reveal an area for storage. Everything is factory installed and working.

Of course the paint has several knicks and dings - this truck is 12 years old. The 4 cylinder engine has lots of power - 141 horsepower and 168 foot pounds of torque.

I noticed the truck on craigslist.org while I was visiting Drew. I emailed the guy and we arranged a meeting at his home. The owner told me that he is the second owner - he has driven it for 10 years and 100,000 miles. We took a long test drive together. The owner was asking for $3300 - but I convinced him with the high mileage a more reasonable price was $2000. We exchanged cash and title - and he and his wife followed me home.

It is a very nice looking truck in its Florida State colors. I hope it performs as nice as it looks. Since I will probably only put 3000 miles on it a year - it should be fine. Toyota Trucks - particularly the 22R engine - are noted for their durability and long life.

I like to wash and scrub my truck - but I would not want to do it for a living. Wish me luck.

No comments: