Search This Blog

Thursday, July 19, 2007

My Buddy Darrell is Selling his 1956 Buick on Ebay



One of the major parts of the life of a trailing spouse is transportation. How do I get my lovely wife from here to there. Right now we are on the final leg of our European and New York City tour. No - we did not get hit by the exploding steam pipe in Manhattan - but I walked that street on Saturday.

One of my favorite movies is "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" featuring John Candy. It features the adventures of my man trying to get home for Christmas and all the trouble he has.

I have a buddy - Darrell - that loves old Buicks. It is almost a fetish - maybe it is the big bumper bulbs - but he has had several. Recently he decided to sell his 1956 on ebay. Why - because he just bought a 1955 Buick - almost a carbon copy.

You can follow the auction here - http://tinyurl.com/28yane - the bid is already up to $7500. This is not for the weak of heart.

I love to buy and sell cars - trucks - scooter - campers - bicycles - go figure.

When we lived up north - Lulu used to drive to work in New York City - 150 miles each way. It was my job to make sure she always had a good vehicle. Now we are about a mile from campus and she can walk to work - but that does not prevent me from loving to buy and sell cars.

Old habits die hard.

No comments: