Search This Blog

Friday, January 13, 2006

What a Great Day for Stump Grinding


Here is the master stump grinder at work. We have been having a string of beautiful January days here in Tallahassee - 75 and sunny - that has been perfect for yard work. It is hard to believe it is the dead of winter. This picture was taken at 8 AM on Thursday After teaching kids for 33 years and not ever "officially" seeing if I did any work - it is very gratifying seeing the physical results of my toils. I bought the stump grinder from the Praxis Corporation in Illinois. It is a very strong commercial quality piece of equipment. It has a Honda 9HP engine - starts up first pull every time. It is very quiet - and user friendly. At no time does the operator feel threatened. It produces mounds and mounds of sawdust. No big chips are thrown out like other stump grinders I rented in the past. It is also a "chick magnet." :-) People passing by love to stop and watch it work. I am guessing I have "stumpground" 100 stumps and roots on our back lot. Getting the area smooth allows me to run my rototiller and lawnmower through the former wooded area.

No comments: