Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 08, 2017

Kilted Roger Federer Beat Andy Murray In Glasgow Last Night - I Crawled Out Of Bed To Go

All pictures and videos taken with my iPhone 7.
Andy Murray in Glasgow last night
Roger is wearing my favorite army uniform -
kilts and sneakers -
so I can crap and run at the same time!
Hydro Arena - I got a ticket outside for 10 pounds

Roger Federer - world rank 2 - beat Andy Murray -
world rank 16 - last night in Glasgow 
The view from my 10 pound seat


This video Roger (we are on a first name basis now) played in a kilt.


This video Andy was on my side.

Last night - the University of Strathclyde took Lulu to dinner. I crawled into bed early. I got an email from my son - Keith. He said that Andy Murray is playing a benefit at the Hydro Arena and that I should go. I emailed back asking him who Andy Murray was and that Mom was at a dinner. He wrote back and said that since Mom was gone she would not miss me - and that Andy Murray was Scotland's favorite son in tennis. Federer is number 2 in the world - Murray is ranked number 16.

I pulled on my clothes and out I went. I got a cab - and 5 pounds later I was 2 miles down the River Clyde at the Hydro Arena. The crowd was already inside - but one tout (scalper) had a single ticket to the sold out event. The ticket's face value was 170 pounds ($220) - but he would give it to me for 150 pounds! I said - I did not even know Andy Murray - I was just here from Florida for entertainment - I would try to get a free one. So I stood there with one finger up for 10 minutes. He told me I was nuts - and I agreed. A few late stragglers walked by - no tickets. Finally the tout came over and said he was going home. He offered one for 20 pounds - I said 10 pounds - he said okay. Then I noticed it was a print out - and I asked him how would I know if it was real. He said for 20 pounds he would walk me in. I gave him 10 pounds and took the ticket.

The Hydro Arena is beautiful inside and out. I could not believe how clean everything was - and it was already 5 years old. The help staff was so helpful - an old guy (old than me) walked me from the door to my seat. I was 3 rows behind the Andy Murray hitting the ball.

The crowd was all white - they all spoke funny - and I swear every lady was married to Andy Murray. All I heard was "I love you Andy." It took me a few sets until I realized it was not Andy Roddick! As I was videoing - I was tempted to say out loud - "Who the hell is Andy Murray?" What a video that would have been.

I was really getting into it. You think a 100 MPH baseball pitch is fast. These guys were serving at 150 MPH! And they were spinning them to make REALLY curve balls. You could hear the balls whistle by. Some came into the crowd right by me. But I was not fast enough for these ladies.

Since this was a benefit gig - both Andy and Roger (we are on a first name basis now) were playing the crowd. After all - these folk paid 170 pounds for the benefit night out. Federer put a kilt on - Murray put a plaid hat and whig on. The folks were all in on the jokes.

I watched for about 2 hours. The match was over - Federer won. Next Andy and Roger were going to play some brothers in a doubles match - but I had promised to keep and 2 miles to go before I slept.

It took me 30 minutes to walk the 2 miles back along the Clyde River - it was cold and windy - there was very little traffic - I did not see any cabs. I got home and Lulu was fast asleep.

This morning she had to leave early for her presentation. She will read about this here - and watch the videos after you do. Just another rub with greatness for the Griswald European Vacation.

Asides to my buddy Harry Wallasea - does this make up for my McDonalds hot dog in Luxembourg? Also is McDonalds a local restaurant in McScotland?


No comments: