Search This Blog

Monday, April 30, 2012

I Sold the 1963 Ford Ranchero


1963 Ford Ranchero


Mustang 302 V8


Ranchero - we hardly knew ye.

I just sold the 1963 Ford Ranchero I purchased recently. I put it on Craigslist - had several calls and about 8 people showed up to drive it.

Today a nice teacher couple drove over from Madison - Florida. They paid cash.

My Dad's first new car was a 1963 Ford Falcon that color. I learned to drive and took my driver's test on it in 1964.

This car was completely restored. Everything was stock except for a Mustang 302 V8 with 265 horsepower.

It was a really a nice truck - but Lulu did not want to drive it because it had no power steering - no power brakes - no air conditioning. The competition clutch was a little heavy too.

The man who did the restoration did a great job. The engine was a work of art. It idled beautifully - but took off like a bandit.