Search This Blog

Monday, April 24, 2017

Joint Replacement In Finger

Lulu rode me home in these stockings and sling.

For the last 20 years I have been dealing with arthritis in each of my index fingers. I have dealt with it with a lot of aspirin and cortisone shots. Last week I decided to replace the middle knuckle in each of my index fingers. There was bone to bone contact that caused pain and loss of the use of the index fingers. It really hit home over Christmas in playing basketball with my grandson.

The operation was last Tuesday - 6 days ago. It was done as an outpatient at the Tallahassee Orthopedic Clinic. They work on the FSU Sports teams. Recovery has been very good. I took oxycodone for 3 days - then quit cold turkey because it was making me loopy. I am in no pain - just taking aspirin.

I am excited with the results. I can't wait to schedule the other hand when I get home on Sunday. I am thankful for having Lulu take care of me. She has taken me to the Arizona Desert to recover. With a little luck - the old chain saw will be humming in June.

It took 2 hours from walk-in to recovery

I am wearing a padded bandage. The worst part is
showering and keeping it dry. 

No comments: