Search This Blog

Monday, January 06, 2014

The Camper Needs A New PCM - Power Control Module - the Main Computer

Our 2002 Dodge Roadtrek camper being towed to the Dodge dealer.

We were waiting for the other shoe to drop. The Dodge garage from Sarasota just called. They told me that the camper needs a new power control module. Ours died in Sarasota - leaving us stuck 300 miles from home. 


They ordered the part - it will arrive tomorrow. When they call me I will fly to Tampa - get a rental car - and go pick it up. It would take me about 5 hours to drive it home - but I plan to stop at some "brown signs" on the way - places Lulu generally does not like to see. 

The repair will cost $860.

Even though the van only has 30,000 miles on it - it is 12 years old. I guess this is just the cost of doing business - driving such an old vehicle. My friends are taking bets on when it will be put up for sale. 

A special salute to Certified Fleet Repairs in Sarasota. They helped us out very much - contacted a Good Sam wrecker that gave us a free tow - and allowed us to camp in their driveway one night. 

No comments: