Search This Blog

Thursday, July 12, 2018

Here Is My Answer To Will You Still Need Me - When I'm Sixty-Four




Nancy loves Paul McCartney. It would have been nice to get him to sing for her. He was busy. But this connection is even better. Simon Barrass lives in our former house at 1607 Seminole Drive. He is from Middlesbrough - England. He and his wife emailed me from England to buy our home that they saw on the Internet on my web page. They sent the money - and in a couple of months they became our new neighbors and friends. When I asked him to prepare this tune for Nancy - he said of course. 

Nancy in Nancy - France -
June 24th 2018 -
our 47th anniversary.
Today Nancy is 64 years old. We are married 47 years. She is a Professor of Library Science at Florida State University. This summer she has done presentations in Greece - taught at Darmstadt Hochschule University in Germany - spoke at a convention in Berlin  - and is now teaching a class at the FSU Campus in London. You know how they say teachers take the summers off - right?

As I type - she is slugging it out teaching a 6-hour class on the streets of London.

I am 70 now - 6 years difference - no big deal - NOW.

Happy Birthday to the smartest - funniest - prettiest person I ever met.

Last night - her birthday gift - tickets to Hamilton. 

Nancy at Humboldt University in Berlin - Germany.
She had a 3 month fellowship there in 2016.
We revisited there in June on this trip where
she did a presentation at their national convention. 

No comments: