Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

HymerWorld in Wertheim - Camper Heaven - EuroFest Day 31 of 70


Yesterday Lulu and I drove the 60 miles east to Hymerworld in Wertheim. It was like going to Disneyland. I spent a few hours looking at campers while Lulu enjoyed the adjacent outlet shopping center. There is no admission to Hymerworld - this is a store not an amusement park. 

They say Matthew Brady covered the Civil War with 60 camera shots. He obviously did not have an iPhone - because I could not stop shooting. After 171 shots my eyes glazed over. I am publishing all of the pictures in a row. It will bore many readers - but it will give some a perspective of the wonderful camping facility. They are in the order that I took them. You can see a chain of consciousness. 

The building is giant - high ceilings - lots of glass - airy - bright. Everything is spotless. All campers are clean and ready for delivery. The prices are posted. My photos are in little groups. 

Foremost - Hymerworld is a dealership. They sell many brands - not just Hymer. Although I spent hours in there - not one salesperson approached me. I felt like I was alone on a desert with all these campers. Even when I went to the shopping center and brought Lulu back to see them - not one sales person pestered us. Can you imaged a gray haired couple in their 60s walking around a camper dealer in America? It is just a strange atmosphere compared to camper dealerships in America. 

Hymer has recently purchased Roadtrek in Canada - the company that build my motorhome. They are now selling Hymers in America. They sell both motorhomes and trailers. 

I never tried to publish 171 pictures at once. I hope they stayed in order. I did not take the time to put captions under the pictures. If you want to ask questions - write to me directly - harry@everhart.com.

It was overkill. Lulu and I own a 2004 Roadtrek Class B with 18,000 miles on it. Although we can afford any of these units - we cannot justify the tremendous depreciation. I just can't stomach buying something for $100,000 - and have it worth just $70,000 a year later. I was a teacher that taught for $6500 a year. Even with inflation - I could not sleep at night with something deprecating that badly. It is simply not worth it to me. I do not choose to live in one full-time. 

In one sentence I say - "let's buy this one and have it sent home." In the next sentence - I say "are you nuts - you have a perfect camper at home - and you seldom use it."

My Roadtrek has a king bed - shower - toilet - sink - microwave - stove - refrigerator - AC - furnace - TV - internet - GPS - generator - awning - all in a 19 foot long package. Everything works like new. I can live in your driveway  :-)














































































































































































No comments: