Search This Blog

Monday, January 05, 2015

Do Not Feed The Squirrels

I have a friend on Seminole Drive who is very smart. Unfortunately - she is also a soft touch. During the shooting yesterday a man came to her door. The guy said he was hungry. My friend gave him money and a banana. What an incredibly stupid thing to do! Human nature makes us want to be helpful especially when we are fortunate to be blessed with all the things life provides. But pure and simple - whenever someone comes to your door that you do not know - they want something. They want your money - they want to case your house - they may want to do you harm physically - emotionally - sexually - all because they are jealous. But usually they want money for drugs. They get into your house - see you are a soft touch - see that you are old - and are taking inventory of all your nice things. My friend must have lost her memory - because several times her home has been broken into - they recently bought an alarm because of a broken window. She seems to think that she knows best. I envision some day going to visit her - and she will be tied up - after someone has ransacked her house. I really love her - and hope she is alive then - so I can say I told you so.  :-)

No comments: