Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Congratulations To All The Gay Couples That Marry Today In Florida

After a long fight with a Republican legislature - Republican governor - and Republican state attorney - the gay people in Florida have the right to marry. With the divorce rate hovering around 50% - make sure you sign a pre-nuptial agreement.

When Lulu and I married 43 years ago - she brought into the marriage a comb and a tennis dress. Boy would I ever clean her out now if we broke up. :-)

To the newly-married gays - I wish you the happiness that marriage has given us. Some people are surprised to find out we really are married :-)

The irony is that Governor Scott is being sworn in on one set of steps of the Tallahassee Capitol and gay couples are being married on the other set of steps. The Governor wasted millions of our taxpayer dollars fighting gay marriage rights.

I do not know why lawyers put up such a big fight over gay marriage - they are the ones that just doubled their divorce business.

I am sorry I am not in Florida right now to see the weddings and parties --- and honeymoons  :-)

No comments: