Search This Blog

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Greenies Buy Green Christmas Trees - Take Them Home in Their Green Leaf Car - On Black Friday


For the past 2 weeks - we have been driving our electric car everywhere. Lulu's gas guzzling BMW has not seen the outside of the garage. 

At 4 AM - Black Friday - I opened the shutters just far enough to see Lulu backing out of the garage in the Leaf. She had her heated seat blasting along with Christmas Carols on the satellite radio. As she unplugged the charger - the battery gauge said full. I did not see her again until I got out of bed at 10 AM - I was surprised to see her back home. 

The Leaf was sitting in the garage - already plugged in - charging up. Lulu has "fueled up" the Leaf  more times that she has ever gassed up her own cars before. I guess an extension cord does not make your hands stink. And this was supposed to be "my" car. 

At 1 PM - we leafed to the last FSU volleyball game of the season. The Seminoles beat Miami 3 games to 0 - and finished the season 27-2. Next come the NCAA playoffs. 

After volleyball - we drove to Home Depot - looking for Christmas decorations. We found two Christmas trees - Norfolk Island Pines - in pots - that could be planted outside after Christmas. It did not take much convincing of Lulu to put them on our porch beside the front door. It reminded me of the old days - going out for a Christmas tree - taking it home with the tailgate open.  

Now if I can just convince Lulu that is all she will need.

No comments: