Search This Blog

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Dania Beach - TESLA - I Have Seen The Future

My Prius - lined up with all the Teslas.

Nikola Tesla - the namesake of this new electric car - was the real genius behind our electrical grid. He invented AC - alternating current. Edison used direct current which would mean you would nee a power plant every mile. Tesla died penniless and alone - but his name lives on thanks to Elon Musk. I visited a Tesla store Saturday. 


A Tesla can go almost 300 miles on one charge of electricity. It is as fast as a Corvette - as nimble as a Porsche - and as luxurious as a Mercedes. It can go from 0 to 60 in 4 seconds - perfectly silently. You can charge it as home or charge it fork free on one of the hundreds of charging stations on a network growing across this country. 


My Prius got 47 miles per gallon on our trip form Tallahassee to Fort Lauderdale. A tesla gets the equivalent of 89 miles per gallon. Note the love bugs all over the front of my car. The Tesla was a little larger than I expected.

Imagine having a computer/GPS screen as big as two sheets of typing paper. 


This car has 238 miles of charge left.

It has its own Internet connection.

This is what my web page looks like on a Tesla.

It has a giant hatch that has two extra seats - yes - it can seat 7 people.

This is the plug where you charge it - with a simple extension cord.



In front there is a giant trunk.

Look at the size of that electric sunroof. 2 feet by 4 feet.

The base price is $70000. It does qualify for a large federal tax rebate.

EPA says it gets 89 MPGe - no it does not use gas - like a hybrid.

The 4 door sedan has electric doors - you touch the handle and it pops open.

The rear seat had plenty of room.

I never saw such beautiful fit and finish. Every surface was perfect.

The leather seats were tight and firm.

The front seats move quietly remembering where you want them. I just pressed the button Harry and it went to my settings - wheel - mirrors - pedals - seat back - seat bottom. 

Touch the door handle and it pops out.

Here is the plug.

Insert the plug here.

Choose your color and leather here.

9 colors.

Guess which color I would pick?

 The workshop was spotless

This is a high speed charger. It can do a full charge in 30 minutes.

All controls are touch screen and wheels button.

The Tesla is selling like crazy in California because it is allowed in the HOV lane with one passenger. As California goes - so goes America. 

No - I am not buying one. It is hard to justify such a car when Lulu drive to work 2 miles each way. I haven't drive to work in 11 years. But if I had to drive to work - I would love one of these.

You can buy one just south of the Fort Lauderdale Airport. You can see planes take off form the showroom.

Simply - this is the finest - most innovative vehicle I have seen since the Apollo Moon Capsule. Elon Musk is no flake. I have no felt so good about a car since the 1964 Shelby Cobra.

No comments: