Search This Blog

Thursday, January 09, 2014

Flying Silver Airlines To Tampa On Monday Morning

Silver Airlines Saab 340 Turboprop from Tallahassee to Tampa

By car the trip is 4 hours and 250 miles.

If you have been following the story - you know that our camper broke down in Sarasota last week. We drove a rental car home. 

The Dodge dealer called to say that the camper is repaired. They replaced the PCM - power control module computer. 

On Monday - I am flying down to pick it up and drive it home. I originally wanted to fly to Sarasota Airport - but a flight costs about $600. Not only does it cost a lot of money - you have to fly via Atlanta to get from Tallahassee to Sarasota.  I could practically walk faster than the amount of time it would take with layovers. So Lulu found a straight flight for me to Tampa on Silver Airlines. I never heard of them before - much less realizing it flew from Tallahassee. For $190 - I could be in Tampa in 1 hour.

The plane is a Saab 340 Turboprop. I have seat 2A - I wonder if it is right behind the pilot. I remember once flying from Honolulu to Molokai  on a 6 seater plane where I could reach up and tap the pilot on the shoulder. 

By the map above you can see that Silver Airlines flies all the way north to Pennsylvania and New York - and south as far as Key West and the Bahamas. 

Still - I have to get from Tampa to Sarasota. My Tamaqua friends who snowbird near Tampa offered to drive me from the airport to the car dealer. Carl and Marylou Zimmerman live north of Tampa. They also have a home in Hometown PA. 

I still have to drive the camper 5 hours home alone - but it will be daytime - and can stop anywhere I want. 

No comments: