Search This Blog

Friday, October 18, 2013

House Day 49 - Installing the Attic Windows - Harry Had Two Flights Today



She packed my bags last night, pre-flight 
Zero hour, nine a.m. 
And I'm gonna be high as a kite by then 

I miss the Earth so much, I miss my wife 
It's lonely out in space 
On such a timeless flight 


Today I am flying to Richmond to watch the FSU/Clemson game with the Everhart 8. My flight leaves here at noon and arrives there at 4. Lulu will pick me up at the Dixie Airport. 

But before I left - I had to have one other flight. Gary Wayne and Josh were putting the windows in the attic. We rented a cherry picker for doing the high work. I had to hop in it before they returned it to Home Depot. 

The cherry picker is all electric. You plug it into a regular house outlet. Just like a computer game - you have a joy stick. You can go up and down - left and right - even extend it farther out. The peak of our roof is 27 feet above the ground. At 30 feet - I was high enough.

Josh decided it would make a great video - so here I am - 

"Rocket man, burning out his fuse up here alone."

No comments: