Search This Blog

Saturday, July 06, 2013

8 Miles High Over The Atlantic

I am in the air in a Boeing 777 - flying from Miami to Boston - on my way to London. We are at 39,000 feet - it will take 3 hours to get there.  It is the first time I bought the wifi internet. The first thing I saw while reading the NY Times online is a crash in a Boeing 777 in San Francisco. It sounds like most of the people survived. The cabin crew is watching the news on my airbook. I just had a dinner of chicken with white wine. There are several empty seats in first class - one right next to me. I have two 120 volt outlets. They just handed out warm red white and blue berry cookies. The broken clouds are way down - there are no clouds up here at 8 miles high. Lulu is in Atlanta - her flight to London leaves at 5:35 PM. she will beat me there by about 2 hours. The ocean looks really calm from up here. I taught science for 33 years - and I am still amazed at how these things can fly.

The stewardess just asked me why I was not on the straight flight from Miami to Boston. I did not have the heart to tell her that this was the only way Lulu could get me a first class ticket using miles. Instead I told her that if I did that I would never have gotten to meet her.

No comments: