Search This Blog

Sunday, November 04, 2012

I Support Al Lawson for US Congress


Al Lawson and Bill Clinton at the rally Friday night.



Al Lawson and Harry Everhart at the stadium.

Al Lawson is running for US Congress. It is easy to support him because his opponent is a tea bagger. Al was a member of the Florida Senate - but was turned out of office by the term limit law. He has a BS from Florida A & M University and an MS in Public Administration from Florida State University.

Here is what he says about the rally on Friday night - 

What a night! I was so honored to introduce President Bill Clinton at an FSU rally on Friday.


I was especially grateful to receive his support and endorsement in 
the final days of my campaign.

Listening to President Clinton lay out the contrasting visions of our party and the Republican party, I was reminded of why I was inspired to run to represent North Florida./>President Clinton spoke of "an economic policy that says we build the country from the bottom up and the middle out, not by trickle down."

While my opponent supports tax cuts for millionaires and has voted twice to end Medicare, I will be a strong voice for the middle class and I will fight to protect Medicare

President Clinton also spoke of the need to build a bipartisan consensus and talked about "a policy-making process that is based on evidence, not extremist ideology."  While my opponent has voted with his party 93 percent of the time, I have a strong record of working across the aisle and will put the needs of my constituents first in DC.

No comments: