Search This Blog

Friday, September 21, 2012

We Got Tickets to the Clemson at Florida State Game


We were having supper at the Steel City Diner with our friends Bonnie and John. They had driven up from Daytona for the game. 

I got a call out of the blue. I could not hear him so I handed the phone to Lulu. She said I should take this call outside. 

A guy asked me if I needed tickets for the Clemson game. He had sold me tickets to a Duke basketball game once - great tickets. He said he had 4 on the 40 yard line. 

He said - meet me at the Walmart where we met before at 8:30. John and I went there in our red Prius. At 8:30 exactly - a big white Cadillac with giant wheels on it pulled in. He was flying two FSU flags. Just like a drug deal - we got out - shook hands - exchanged greetings. He handed me the tickets - I checked them out - and I handed him cash. 

The guy is a Golden Chief. They pay $25,000 for the right to buy 24 season tickets - they pick first. 

At any rate - we have 4 nice tickets - to a big game - and we can sit together - the 4 of us - for the biggest home game of the year.





No comments: