Search This Blog

Saturday, June 30, 2012

The Sound of Music - Front Row in 2008

Lulu's favorite movie of all time is "The Sound of Music." We were in Vermont in May and we had to take a side trip to Stowe to see the Von Trapp Lodge. When the family left Austria they bought a place in the Mountains of Vermont because it reminded them of back home.

The resort is still operated by the youngest son.

In 2008 - on our first trip to the London FSU Study Center - I took Lulu on a surprise visit to see the play. I was able to land a couple front row seats at the last minute. The play was great but my favorite part was reading about the girl that played the lead. The television was doing a documentary on here and it said that she ride her motorcycle to the theatre every night and parks is in the back right next to the stage door. As we were leaving the theatre I went to find the cycle - there it was. This was no little Vespa - it was a crotch rocket.

We sat in the front row - we could see the conductor during the whole play - she was a trip in herself - she really impressed me.

Lulu did not like that I was taking a few videos - I had my camera hidden down by my lap. Today while looking at some photo bucket pictures - I found a video I posted there. Here it is -



Notice my knee in almost the whole video.

At the end of the 6 week course - Lulu's students wrote a song about her and their trip to London - set to The Sound of Music theme. What brownies!  :-) The show was playing at the London Paladium made famous as the place where the Beatle first played London.

2 comments:

SandiJ said...

I remember that!!! We were quite impressed with our song!!!

SandiJ said...

I remember that night!! We weren't trying to be brown- nosers with that song, it just worked!!