Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

The Father - The Son - and the Holy Spirit




In my first class I taught in September of 1970 at 8 AM sat a cocky little guy named Steve Simchak. Steve asked me a question and I said, "Why don't you look it up in the textbook?" He replied, "Oh! you don't know it too?" Such was my introduction to this Nesquehoning clan. I taught several more in the family and about 20 years later Steve Simchak - the son came along. Not only was the sequel just as good as the original - it was fun watching them argue things out one on one. Steve's three sisters came through the school and our families remained good friends.

Recently - I got this picture in the email. Maybe I ought to get a teaching job in lovely Laurel MD because it looks like little Sophie is learning fast - I could be a three generation teacher. In this picture she has the undivided attention of the cocky Simchak tag team. I call it - Steve the father - Steve the son - and Sophie the holy spirit. I think He has a sense of humor and would enjoy that.

Sophy is one month old now. I think Mom Annelise took this picture.

No comments: