Search This Blog

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sitting at Tallahassee Airport with $400 Coupon in Hand

First - my flight to Atlanta and Syracuse was delayed. Then - as I was about to board my plane I asked if they needed volunteers to be bumped. The gate person said yes and the plane left without me. He gave me a $400 coupon to any Delta flight I wanted - plus a ticket for tomorrow morning at 7:30 to Syracuse.

Ironically - I am flying using a $400 coupon from my last trip up to see Robin - Drew - and Jack.

I tried to reach Lulu with phone calls - emails - and text messages - but no luck. She must be out celebrating my departure and 6 days of freedom. Now I am too tight to spring for the $20 cab ride home.

Such is the life of the Trailing Spouse - life on the road.

Just got in contact with buddy Wayne - he is coming to get me.

I just got an email - Delta bumped me up to first class for my flight tomorrow.

No comments: