Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Lulu Enjoys "The Last Polka" with Her FSU London Class


Class picture in front of Abbey Road Studios.


Just like summer camp - it was the last day for Lulu and Her First Annual London Library Class. No one seemed to want it to end - but what a way to end it. The class got together and wrote an original song - at least the words are original. They sang it like angels.

Summer London Library Tour Favorite Things

Sung to the Tune of "My Favorite Things," by Richard Rodgers
and The Sound of Music

We've lived in London and done all our classes,
More education to bring to the masses,
Websites and podcasts and pictures galore,
We all are hoping to get a good score!

Field trips to Scotland and Buckingham Palace,
More shopping places than Tampa or Dallas,
Pounds in my pocket that quickly recede,
These are a few of my favorite things.

When the bees swarm,
When the day's warm,
There's no air in my flat.
I simply remember my favourite things and then I don't feel so bad!

Riding the tube and the bus and the train,
Counting the heads so no one will remain,
Lots of new friendships I know they will stay,
These are the memories that won't fade away.

When the stairs creak,
When the mouse peeks,
When we walked five miles,
I simply remember my favourite things and then I begin to smile!

1 comment:

triclocke said...

This is wonderful! I am Sandi's sister and must say I'm glad she's back home! I've enjoyed reading your blogs and will probably continue to do so occasionally.