Search This Blog

Friday, November 23, 2007

Men and Women Basketball Teams Sweep Gators on the Road

So far our weekend in "Gatorland" has been perfect.

It started out at 11 AM - when a guy drove all the way from Sopchoppy to buy my truck for $4300. What a nice way to start a weekend. Then we went to Tully Gym to watch the Lady Noles beat North Carolina - 3 games to 0.

Then we drove to Gainesville - and the flea bag hotel that Lulu booked turned out not to be that bad. While resting in our new home - we enjoyed some left over turkey sandwiches and watching FSU women's team beat the Gators on TV.

While driving to the arena for the Men's game - we noticed a lot of "ticket buyers" - amateurs holding fingers in the air and professionals with their printed "need tickets" signs.

I dropped Lulu and Keith off at the arena to scout out tickets while I found a place to park the car. I drove to 20th St and 4th Ave - found an emplty space just behind another guy that pulled in. We were both looking for "no parking" signs - when I asked him if he had extras. He said that he had two extras and wanted face value for them. I called Lulu to see if I should buy them. She screamed into the phone that tickets were going for $75 plus and I should buy anything I could.

So I bought the two tickets at face value - $18 each. By the time I got to the arena - Lulu bought a third ticket for $18.

We got to our seats and the place was sold out. But luckily there were 3 empty seats next to Lulu and I - and Keith came over to sit with us.

FSU fell behind 7-6. Then they shot out to a 10 point lead - and were leading by 15 at the half. The Gator fans were angry - and fell behind as much as 19. Then with about 6 minutes ot go - you would have sworn that Moses came to take them to th epromised land because most of the fans got up and left.

After the game - the traffic was light - and we got back to the hotel by 10 PM. Keith went out to celebrate with some of his FSU buddies.

Let's hope the good Seminole luck continues tomorrow. I have a feeling tickets are going to be more expensive.

No comments: