Search This Blog

Sunday, March 11, 2007

ACC Tournament in Tampa



My family and I love to go to Florida State sporting events. It is a chance for the 4 of us to gather - usually in a fun place - and what better fun place can there be than sunny Tampa.

My sons live in Washington DC and Syracuse NY. They are alumni of Duke - Georgetown - FSU - Miami. So they flew in on Wednesday night - fighting the northern weather - one flight even being cancelled. Fortunately he got a flight into Orlando at 2 AM and I was able to drive from Tampa to pick him up.

The ticket situation at the ACC Tournament is unfair to the "high roller" fans. In order to go to even 1 game - you must buy a ticket booklet for 11 games - that costs $363. And then if you team loses in the first game - like happened to Maryland - you are stuck with all these "worthless" tickets. I hope our buyers on the enclosed pictures do not mind - because I gave them a good buy on our tickets - but a disgruntled Maryland sold us for tickets booklets that he paid almost $1600 for - he sold them to me for $200 total! They were exactly on the center court line - on the third level.

After enjoying and FSU win and Miami win - then suffering thru losses by FSU - Miami - and Duke - we were done. So we decided to do other things like got to the beach - visit Tarpon Springs and some great Greek Restaurant - and attending a giant yard site at the University of Tampa.

We visited my cousins - Carl and Marylou - and Carol and Ernie - two folks we met on a cruise last summer.

Finally - Saturday morning - I went back to the arena to sell my ticket booklets. They were great seats and I made a great sale to Carolina fans. They paid $80 each for the rest of the tickets - $320. As I write - they are getting ready for the championship game - they got great seats at a good price.

I am just sad for all the fans that have to pay $400 for a ticket to see their team lose 1 game.

Then we took 11 people to dinner at Hellas in Tarpons Springs.

More pictures coming - my wife is bugging me to move.

No comments: