Search This Blog

Saturday, January 27, 2007

FSU Wins Exciting Game Over Wake Forest


The Seminoles enjoyed a 74-66 win over the Demon Deacons on Saturday afternoon - that was supposed to be a lot easier than it was. Wake Forest owns a share of last place in the Atlantic Coast Conference - but they lead the Noles by 2 to 4 points most of the game. A late spurt by Tony Douglas and Al Thornton prevented a disasterous finish for the enthusiastic matinee audience.

Wayne, Shirley, Nancy and I left the house at 3:30 - the law school parking lot was already full by that time - so we had to park at Ruby Diamond Auditorium if we wanted to use our faculty parking pass. Since we did not have tickets - Nancy left me off at the Tucker Center and drove to the parking lot. My job was to land 4 tickets together "at a good price."

Maybe it is my smiling face - or the pathetic look of a grayheaded old man holding up 4 fingers - but two separate people walked up to me and offer me a pair of seats for free - good lower level tickets no less. One fellow had me walk him to the President's box entrance to make sure he had seats before he gave me his season tickets - what a nice thing to do.

By the time Nancy and all got to the arena - I had 4 tickets - 2 and 2 - but when we went inside - there were plenty of seats in our area - so Wayne and Shirley sat with us. We all cheered hard for the Noles. To celebrate the victory - we went to Julie's Place and lifted our glasses to the Seminole's 3 game home winning streak.

This victory was a lot harder than it was supposed to be.

The picture above shows Al Thornton scoring some of his 25 points.

No comments: