Search This Blog

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Pictures of Schlorf Home on Fire




Here are some pictures of my friend George Schlorf's home. It caught on fire this week forcing George and his son Derrick to flee for their lives.

This home is on Lehigh Street across from my childhood home in Tamaqua PA. As a kid I spent many days and hours playing in this home. George's brother Charles - "Chugsey" we called him - went to school with me. The Sclorf's had 6 kids and this house was a busy place when I was growing up. They added a bar to it around 1960 - and I remember many big parties going on there.

The only news in a small town is house fires and car wrecks - we are all happy that no one was hurt. If you are like me - you are often looking for a really good cause for a donation - here is one where 100% of what you donate will go to the victims. George Schlorf - Lehigh Street - Tamaqua PA 18252

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your donation. I'm sure my uncle and cousin are very appreciative. Thank you for the nice articles in you blog about my family.

Amy (Schlorf) Friendy

Harry Everhart said...

Hi Amy -
Send me your e-mail address.
harry@everhart.com