Search This Blog

Friday, October 27, 2006

42 Inch Panasonic HDTV $1299 - Too Good to Be True?


Drew is always calling me with fantastic deals he finds on the net - I do not know how he finds them - but he is the king. Last year he bought a really nice Panasonic 42inch HDTV for $2400. I wanted one.

Yesterday - he wrote to say there was a grand opening deal at Frys.com for the same TV for $1299. I went online and there is was. Fry's is a great company that I ordered from before, So I quickly called them and place the order. They sent me a purchase order.

An hour later I went to the web page and now it was priced at $1799. There was a mistake in pricing. I called back Fry's and they said they would honor the price and that it was back ordered. By the way - it also was no sales tax - free shipping.

I am taking bets on whether it will arrive or not.

Nov 15th - This TV did arrive and it is really nice.

No comments: