Search This Blog

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Chuck Goes to Iraq for Third Time Tomorrow


Dear friends and Family,

I hope this email finds everyone in great health and spirits. First and foremost Gabe is great! Besides my friends and family, Gabe is the single most important thing in my life now and I know I would put my life on the line in a second to save his. This will be my final note to you all till I put boots on the ground in Baghdad and find a computer. My cell phone will be turned off next Friday so if you try calling after that, you will get no answer.

Tonight I went and saw the movie World Trade Center and if the movie did anything for me, it reassured me why I am going back to Iraq and why I would go back 100 more times if needed. I know many people may not agree with that, but thats how Gabe and I feel. I cannot give out timelines and flight info, but if everything goes as planned I will be in Baghdad 10 days from now. I want to share the following with you all because I am so proud to be an American soldier. This is called The Soldiers Creed

I am an American Soldier.

I am a Warrior and a member of a team. I serve the people of the United States and live the Army Values.

I will always place the mission first.

I will never accept defeat.

I will never quit.

I will never leave a fallen comrade.

I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough, trained and proficient in my warrior tasks and drills. I always maintain my arms, my equipment and myself.

I am an expert and I am a professional.

I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy the enemies of the United States of America in close combat.

I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life.

I am an American Soldier.

Last, but not least, if you are ever in Lansford and you see my mom or my 2 little brothers, please stop and give them a hug and tell them it's from Chuck. The next year is going to go by quickly because for one, before we know it the Philadelphia Eagles will be SuperBowl champs and second I have the best 2 guardian angels any soldier can have watching over him, My Dad and Grandmother.

Until next time, take care, be safe and May God bless us all.......His American soldiers and Gabe

No comments: