Search This Blog

Saturday, July 22, 2006

My Student Chuck Shuck and Gabe Going to Afganistan


Hi Guys...........Hope you guys are all having a great weekend........mine has been hot and long ha ha, Training here ended today and we leave Tuesday morning........Now the big question is, what dog has made the cut, as we know Doki was the dog I came here thinking I was taking with me and Gabe was the dog that just couldn't pull it togther........well.......after 11 days of great training in a very hot and humid desert Gabe prevailed over Doki......Doki failed a very hard test today about 4 am while searching a roadway and was givin a NO GO to the next stage.......he has not adjusted well to the heat here and did not want to work, the other day he ran from me while searching an area and ran back to the trailer and would not come back...........Gabe has done a complete turn around and has done a outstanding job.....I am still leaving on the 12th of August for Afganistan and will keep u all updated as I get info.......Thanks again for your support and I really enjoy all the e mails.......I have enclosed a pic of Myself and Gabe in case you forgot what he looks like, as for Doki, he will go to a new handler here in like 4 weeks and start a new 4 1/2 month course...........God bless you and your family, our troops overseas and the United States of America
Chuck and Gabe

No comments: