Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Arrived Safely in San Diego

We left Tallahasse at 6:30 am - after a brief stop in Atlanta - we flew 4 hours to San Diego. Weather was nice most of the way - and I was able to see the sights coming across the US. I also used my Garmin C320 GPS to keep track of our location.

The plane cruised at 36,000 feet and 540 mph - you could still pick out cities - highways - rivers - lakes - etc.

We are staying at the Sheraton Hotel Marina - right on the bay. It is about 2 miles up the coast from downtown - but they run a free bus to the convention center from our hotel - every 10 minutes.

The weather is perfect - about 75 - breezy - sunny. The humidity is low so you are not sweating a lot. There are lots of small boats in the harbor waiting for the fireworks. I would have some pictures but I left the camera in the hotel room this afternoon. More tomorrow.

At 9 pm tonight they have a big fireworks display in the harbor. Our balcony overlooks the harbor and should give us a good view. We are jet lagged a bit - so it will be midnight eastern time - I hope I can stay awake.

Nancy registered for the NECC convention. She will be there for 3 days - and I will scout out the town. We were here in 2003 for the ALA convention.

San Diego gets around 10 inches of rain a year - compared to about 40 back in Tamaqua. The average temperature only fluctuates about 10 degrees throughout the year - mild winters and summers.

No comments: