Search This Blog

Monday, May 01, 2006

Viva Mexico! See Harry in Labor Union Parade






I am typing this at 10:30 AM on Monday morning. We are having a good trip. The ship is great - the food wonderful - and the entertainment neat. Our room has a view and is very nice.

We pulled in to Mexico this morning at 7 AM. We will be here all day.

There was a May 1st labor union parade and I joined in. The folks were honored and they gave me a colorful shirt and cap. I am not sure - I think I was parading for construction workers - I will probably show up on a Bush enemies list now.

Nancy loves shopping here.

Cozumel was pounded by Hurrican Wilma - but they are doing their best to rebuild. There are tons of scooters on the streets here.

A cab ride from the ship to downtown was $6 for 4 people - we came in with the couple in the picture. They are from Raleigh although they lived in Utah most of their life. They like to travel on their Honda Goldwing Motorcycle.

We will stick around town all day and then we leave for the Cayman Islands at 5 PM. We will have supper on board. The dinner picture is our table of 10 folks - they are from all over the US - and we are the only ones without grandkids.

My cell phone rang when we got into port - someone wanting to buy my scooter. It said roam but we told Verizon to cancel all pay calls - so I am not sure if it was pay or not.

I hope the guest house is going fine back at home without me. :-)

No comments: