Search This Blog

Saturday, May 20, 2006

I am Tracking Web Traffic with Sitemeter



The other day I was trying to get people to let me know when they read my web page. One of my friends - Mona Lisa - told me about a neat program called sitemeter. Sitemeter is a free service found at www.sitemeter.com. Once you set it up - it will track the number of "hits" on your web page. It also gives you a lot of other information like - graphs - charts - and numbers per hour/week/month/year. At the bottom of your web page you can also set up a counter to show the number of hits that you got.

Take a look at the map above. This dynamic map shows you each hit. The red one is the last hit - the green ones are the last 10 - and the white ones are all others. You can have the maps show you 1 hit - 5 hits - 10 hits - 100 hits - all of your hits. You can also see world hits on another map. It is a lot of fun for me. It is fun seeing that other people do read your web page. It also tells you how long the hits are and if they go to other links that you have.

You can check it out at www.sitemeter.com. It is free - and thank you Mona Lisa for showing it to me.

No comments: