Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

How Jay Hoffman Got a New Apple Mac Computer for Free


Jay Hoffman and I have deep roots. Jay and I taught together for 33 years - I was the science guy - he was the math man. Jay's parents and my parents lived in Coaldale close together - and they went to Coaldale High School. My Dad worked in Number 8 - the big anthracite mine in - you guessed it - Coaldale PA.

Here is Jay's letter -

Harry,
Lots of news -try to make it brief.
I've been without a computer for about the last month. I was having trouble with the iMac in that the screen would go blank or the computer would shut off in the middle of a web search or an email. Took it to Double Click in Bethlehem and they had it for two weeks and tried multiple things with the end result being they called and said they could not fix it. They suggested I call Apple direct and they gave me all the parts numbers and dates of order involved with my machine. I first talked to a sweet young lady who said the problem was beyond her so she transferred me to a technical rep named Daniel- very nice gentleman. When he heard all that was done to the computer he gave me 2 options (1) he would send a tech to my house with everything conceivable that's inside the computer and attempt to fix it OR (2) give me free of charge (since I followed the advice of my good buddy Harry and purchased AppleCare) a spanking new computer. After much deliberation (About the blink of an eye) I opted for a new computer that was delivered to me on Monday the 22nd. Its the new iMac that is comparable to my old one but this certainly has more bells and whistles (faster, more memory, and intel,etc.) And so you see as I once was a Coaldale Tiger I am now the proud owner of MAC OS X v10.4 Tiger
Talk to you soon.
Jay

Note - Jay bought his Mac three years ago.

No comments: