Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Letter from Chuck Shuck - My Former Student in the Army

Dear friends,
Hope this email finds you all in good health and spirits.........Today is a great day! Today myself and 4 of my soldiers volunteered to work a ceremony honoring the late Dr Matin Lurther King Jr.......what an experience for both myself and my soldiers......America truly has come a long way and for the better......We are all one no matter what color our skin is and we find that out each and everyday in Iraq when all races of soldiers give their lives so all races in America can live free...So the next time you are walking down the street or doing anything and you see someone of the opposite skin color, go up to that person and shake their hand because that is the kind of society we live in today and we should appreciate each and everyday we have on this earth.............I will be driving out to school next Tuesday so this might be the last note you receive from me till sometime around March 16th or so..............I will be at Fort Leonardwood, Missouri for 9 weeks of school, but will return to Fort Hood and as soon as June 2006 I can come down on orders to PCS to some other duty station............I am planning a trip to both PA and Maine once again for sometime around the June time frame..........The project with the postcards are going great, 2 days ago, I sent the kids Kansas, Hawaii, Iowa, North Carolina and Wyoming............next in the shoot are Wisconsin, Maryland and Washington DC.................Thanks to everyone for supporting this project......Those 15 second graders are really enjoying this project....I know I asked for 16, but I send that extra postcard to another special class from the Jim Thorpe Area Elem schoo in PA and that teacher (Mrs DePuy) shares that card with Mrs Havel's class so you guys are helping teach all these kids something special about the awesome country we live in...............My friend Mr Keith Tillis was promoted to Captain this past week and he is a Department of the Army police officer in our section and my soldiers truly are lucky to have him in that position as well as I am...............The weather here in Texas was warm in the day and cold at night......I guess I will end this email, but not without first asking you all once again to keep all the soldiers over in Iraq and other countries safe from harm's way, but espceially those close to me, SGM Wally "DAD" Murrell, SPC Ross, 1LT Horak and 2 special young men SPC Lovejoy and SPC Peck (these 2 soldiers were my 2 soldiers last year in Iraq).........God bless America and may God bless you and all your families!
Talk to you in March!
Chuck

No comments: