Search This Blog

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Georgetown Hoyas Expect an Upset Over Duke

We are sitting in the Grand Hyatt Hotel in DC waiting for the 1:30 game between Duke and Georgetown - watching all the hype on TV. Supposedly the game is sold out - over 20,000 folks. The MCI Arena is two blocks away. It is sunny - blue skies - and about 60 degrees outside. We had bagels and orange juice for breakfast. Funny story - I went to a local breakfast shop that wanted $2 a bagel. I asked if there is a discount for 6 - they said that 6 would cost $12. Then I asked for the price of a dozen - they said $6! So I bought a dozen - the guy said pick one more because you get an extra bagel when you buy a dozen. Only in DC is one bagel $2 - and 13 bagels is $6. Just one of things that makes a Florida Coal Cracker smile. And us hillbillies are supposed to be dumb :-)

I predict the Hoyas win a close one. I plan to wear my Hoya sweatshirt.

No comments: