Search This Blog

Monday, October 31, 2005

JJ Redick - Enjoy a Very Special Season at Duke



I am looking forward to this NCAA hoops season. I am a particular fan of JJ Redick. Yes - he may be the best college shooter ever. Yes - he goes against the current NBA "fly slamma jamma" style - but this kid personifies the "hard work to success" atttitude.

Back in the 80s - I enjoyed NL Baseball. I had season tickets to see the Phillies play from 1977 to 1980. I absolutely hated Pete Rose because he was the catalyst of Cincinnati's Big Red Machine - and they usually ended the Phillies seasons early. But in 1979 when Pete came to Philadelphia - it was so great to have him on your team. He inspired everyone with his hustle - desire - and gumption.

JJ Redick is the same way. It is great to have him on your team - and you hate it when he tears your heart out with one of those 23 foot swishing threes. Home or away - time seems to stop when one of his threes is in the air.

He may not be a success in the NBA - who knows - who cares. This season - you are going to see one of the finest exhibitions of a very special player. We will not see a kid quite like him for a long time.

The nicest part is that he is a self-made star. He has worked very hard to get to where he is. He inspires us all. Every fan looks at him and says - "I could do that...........if I would have worked at it that hard.........but I chose not to." And that is why some many fans hate him. They realize that if they worked that hard at something - they could be a success too - and they aren't.

No comments: